(One paper – Three hours – 100 Marks)
Part – A. Business Mathematics (40 Marks)
- Ratio and Proportion, Indices and Logarithms
Ratio and Proportion (Business Applications related to Ration and Proportion) Laws of Indices, Exponents and Logarithms and Anti Logarithms.
- Equations and Matrices
- Equations: Simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, Quadratic and Cubic equations in one variable.
- Matrices: Algebra of Matrices, Inverse of a Matrix and determinants, solving system of equations by Cramer’s Rule (involving not more than three variables).
- Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization w.r.t. objective function.
- Time value of Money
- Simple Interest
- Compound interest
- Effective Rate of Interest
- Present Value
- Net Present Value
- Future Value (viii) Perpetuity
- Sinking Funds
- Valuation of Bonds
- Calculating of EMI (xiii) Calculations of Returns:
- Nominal Rate of Return
- Effective Rate of Return
- Compound Annual growth rate (CAGR)
- Permutations and Combinations
Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations: Introduction, the Factorial, Permutations, results, Circular Permutations, Permutations with restrictions, Combinations with standard results.
- Sequence and Series
Introduction Sequences, Series, Arithmetic and Geometric progression, Relationship between AM and GM and Sum of n terms of special series
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Basic applications of Differential and Integral calculus (Excluding the trigonometric applications), Applications of Marginal Cost and Marginal Revenue etc.,
Part – B: Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
- Number series, Coding and Decoding and odd man out.
- Direction Tests
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
Part – C: Statistics (40 Marks)
- Statistical description of Data
Statistical Representation of Data, Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency distribution, Graphical representation of Frequency Distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive, Pie-chart.
- Measures of Central tendency and Dispersion
Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion: Mean Median, Mode, Mean Deviation, Quartiles and Quartile Deviation, Standard Deviation, Co-efficient of Variation, Coefficient of Quartile Deviation.
Probability: Independent and dependent events; mutually exclusive events. Total and Compound Probability and Mathematical Expectation.
- Theoretical Distributions
Theoretical Distributions: Binomial Distribution, Poisson distribution – Basic application and Normal Distribution – Basic applications.
- Correlation and Regression
Correlation and Regression: Scatter diagram, Karl Pearson’s Coefficient of Correlation Rank Correlation, Probable Error and Probable limits. Regression lines, Regression equations, Regression coefficients.
- Index Numbers and Time Series
- Index Numbers: Uses of Index Numbers, Problems involved in construction of Index Numbers, Methods of construction of Index Numbers.
- Time Series Analysis – Components of Time Series and Calculation of Trend by Moving Average Method.