Paper 1 : Financial Reporting ( Addition)
- Framework for Preparation and Presentation of Financial Statements in accordance with Indian Accounting Standards.
- Application of Indian Accounting Standards (Ind ASs) and Existing Accounting Standards on various accounting aspects with reference to-
- Separate financial statements
- Consolidated financial statements
- Financial instruments
- Special transactions
- Understanding of Industry Specific Accounting.
- Application of Guidance Notes issued by ICAI on various accounting aspects.
- Principles of Integrated Reporting.
Note – If either a new Indian Accounting Standard (Ind AS) or Accounting Standard (AS),
Announcements and Limited Revisions to Ind AS / AS are issued or the earlier one are withdrawn or new Ind AS / AS, Announcements and Limited Revisions to Ind AS / AS are issued in place of existing Ind AS / AS, Announcements and Limited Revisions to Ind AS / AS,the syllabus will accordingly include / exclude such new developments in the place of the existing ones with effect from the date to be notified.
Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Identification of types of Risk faced by an organisation
- Evaluation of Financial Risks
- Value at Risk (VAR)
- Evaluation of appropriate method for the identification and management of financial risk.
- Portfolio Management (Few Sub-Topics Added)
- Fixed Income Portfolio
- Risk Analysis of Investment in Distressed Securities
- Alternative Investment Strategies in context of Portfolio Management
- Corporate Valuation and Reorganization
- Conceptual Framework of Valuation • Approaches/ Methods of Valuation
(a) Assets Based Valuation Model
(b) Earning Based Models
(c) Cash Flow Based Models
(d) Relative Valuation
- Steps involved in Relative Valuation
- Equity Valuation Multiples
- Enterprise Valuation Multiple
(e) Other Approaches to Value Measurement
- Economic Value Added (EVA)
- Market Value Added (MVA)
- Shareholder Value Analysis (SVA)
(f) Arriving at Fair Value
- Islamic Finance (Added)
(a) Major difference between Islamic Finance and other forms of Finance
(b) Concept of Riba
(c) Major Islamic Financial Instruments
- Lease Financing
- Break Even Lease Rental
- Cross Border Leasing
- Dividend Decision
- Financial Services in India– Transferred to Paper 6-A
- Mutual Funds – Transferred to Paper 6-A
Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Audit Strategy, Planning and Programming
- Audit under CIS Environment
Paper 4 (Section A) : Company Law
- National Company Law Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal
- Special Courts
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Accounts & Audit
Paper 4 (Section B) : Other Economic Laws
- The Banking Regulation Act, 1949: The Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934- Overview: Chapter III-C of the Act.
- The Intellectual Property Rights: Trademark and Patent Rights- Overview: covering trademark and patent rights.
Trademark: Important definitions, procedure and effect of registration and other provisions
Patents Rights: Preliminary, Inventions not patentable, grant of Patents and rights conferred thereby and other provisions.
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010: Overview: Definitions, Regulation of Foreign contribution and Miscellaneous provisions.
- Legislative framework on listing agreements:Clause 35 and 41 of the listing agreements required for the working of the listing companies.
- General Clauses Act, 1897: Overview: Important definitions and Applicability, Commencement, termination and computation of time, Powers conferred to be exercisable from time to time, Power to appoint include power to suspend or dismiss, Constructions of Notification, etc, issued under enactments, Power to issue, to include power to add to, amend, vary or rescind notifications, orders, rules, or bye-laws and other provisions.
- The Bankruptcy and Insolvency Code, 2015: Overview: Preliminary, Corporate insolvency resolution process, Liquidation process and other provisions
To Be Discussed
- The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996-Overview:General Provisions, Arbitration agreement, Tribunal, Conciliation
- The Societies Registration Act, 1860: Overview: Formation of society by Memorandum of association and registration and other related provisions.
- The Indian Trust Act, 1882- Overview: Creation of Trusts, Duties and Liabilities, Certain obligations in the nature of trusts
- The Co-operative Societies Act, 1912: Overview: Preliminary, Registration, Duties of Registered societies, Privileges and Miscellaneous provisions
- SEBI Act, 1992
- SCRA Act
- Interpretation of Statutes, Deed and Documents